Friday, December 26, 2014

Queen Silvia's Clutch

First of all- Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope your holiday has been restful and spent with loved ones!

When Queen Silvia attended the King's Dinner for the Nobel Laureate's, she showed up with this beautiful and unique clutch. (note the photo is not from this gala=
This is not the first time Silvia has used this clutch. She used it back in October of 2009 at a World Childhood Foundation Anniversary Gala. I think this is her probably go to Red Dress bag. There has been much discussion after it's appearance at the Nobel's in Royal Forums and I (being a curious person) began to research and see if I could discover the designer. After 3 weeks, I figured it out. Her clutch is from Judith Leiber. This clutch below is similar in clasp, string, and Design.


This clutch is from the 1990's which makes me wonder how long Silvia has had it. How many times has she worn it and it has slipped our watching eyes? Well that is what I am off to figure out now!

UPDATE: I have confirmed with Judith Leiber that this clutch is theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment