Thursday, December 10, 2015

Nobel Prize Ceremony

Today is the long awaited Nobel Ceremony. The Nobel Ceremony is held in Stockholm with the Royal Family in attendance. Note this is not the same as the Nobel Peace Prize which was held Oslo this morning. Nobel Ceremonies is one of my favorite days of the Royal Calendar because it means new gowns and lots of tiara bling! And let me tell you- The Swedish Ladies did not disappoint!

First off, can we talk about Queen Silvia’s new red gown- it is STUNNING! I love it and think she pulled it off beautifully! And we were right- the 9 Prong came out tonight! This tiara originated with Queen Sofia of Sweden and it’s more proper total is the Queen Sofia Diamond Tiara- I just call it the 9 Prong because it reminds me of reindeer antlers… She wore the Karl XIV Johan diamond earrings as well. Her necklace appears to be the Briljantcollier med Hänge (Diamond Necklace with Pendant. The pendant was a legacy to the Bernadottes from the Gustavian royal family. Her brooch appeared to be the ruby brooch that the family has. I do not know the history behind that brooch.

Crown Princess Victoria looked stunning a violet gown. It featured a v-neck cut dress with a matching sheer cape over the top. She delighted us again with the Connaught Tiara- I love it. I hope now it will become a regular. She wore the 2 bracelets from the Amethyst Parure as a necklace which we have seen done by others in the family before. She wore the matching earrings from that set. She also appeared to be wearing the brooch from the set in her hair. Her bracelet is the diamond zig-zag bracelet (It does not have an official name but it is a zig-zag pattern). She carried a Bottega Veneta Clutch.
UPDATE: Her gown comes from By Malina- it is a specially made Aubergine Silk Chiffon Gown and Cape.



Princess Sofia stunned again by wearing an Oscar de la Renta gown (Nice Find Heaven!!) She wore her wedding tiara once again and this time paired it with emerald and diamond earrings which I suspect were apart of the wedding gift from the Royal Couple. UPDATE: she borrowed from Queen Silvia. You can see Silvia wearing them here. She wore the stunning Queen Victoria’s Braganza Brooch on her front.
Princess Madeleine wore a STUNNING grey gown which I suspect was made by Fadi el Khoury (UPDATE: SVT said it was from Fadi el Khoury and Fadi himself told me that it was from him!). I am in love with it. I legit just teared up when I saw the full length of it. I am in love… Anyway she pulled out the biggest surprise by wearing the Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara owned by her Aunt- Princess Margaretha. She wore Queen Silvia’s diamond flower earrings. And bless her heart- She really is trying to kill me- She wore the aquamarine ring that Princess Lilian left her upon her death in 2013. She appears to carry a clutch from Jimmy Choo.


Princess Christina pulled out a dress I believe she has worn before and I was right- she came in the 6 Button Tiara. She pulls off this tiara fantastically! Her brooch on her sash was a diamond and pearl brooch that she has had for many many years. 


That is all for now- I shall update as we find out more information and see more photos.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was the Baby Bumps! Victoria did a better job at showing her's off, Sofia not so much.... but that could also be that she isn't as far along as Victoria.

    ReplyDelete